Friday, August 14, 2009

On our way home

I had posted a couple of things from the salt flats that didn't make it. That and the lack of power outlets made it difficult ( am I asking too much?). Too bad because I had taken a pic of Mark Fleming (I hope that's right) who helped out Paul by driving out a chain from Salt Lake. I'll post a bunch of photos from my regular camera once I get a chance.

We took off Thursday morning after staying in a flea bag motel in wendover. The speedway was the fastest it's been in anyone's memory ( I'm including the old timers, even though their memory may not be top notch ) - I think we heard of three records that were absolutely smashed (50 mph or more).

This morning we are in Pine Bluffs, Wyoming and are shooting for davenport Illinois. Paul repaired his bike with some epoxy putty on the case which seems to be holding up.






-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. The guy who drove the chain out is Mark Atkinson. He goes by makr on several forums, but we're thinking about renaming him Fleming, or some variation of it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sorry Mark. You deserve more recognition for your help than me getting your name wrong...

    ReplyDelete